Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Let's Get Cooking ... Well Baking

So, the whole blogging every day thing will happen at some point, but I guess trying to do that in December was pretty ambitious. I am so busy, just like the rest of the world, getting ready for the holiday season!

Friday, I ran to Macy's after work and picked up gifts for my mom and a few things from Walmart.

I then headed home and baked peanut butter blossoms and snickerdoodles with my hubby, while watching "Elf" and some Simpson's Christmas episodes (Joe's choice).

After going to bed, I woke up bright and early for a big baking day. We have our Christmas party this weekend, and I had tons to prepare. On Saturday, I made Wheaties cookies (love), gingerbread men, sugar cookies (Joe helped with these), red velvet cake balls, made the cake for the spice cake balls and pizzelles. It was an all-day event. We had Wendy's for dinner. During the day, our neighbor came to my house and asked if I would be her sponsor, as she comes into the Catholic Church. Considering I didn't really know her until then, I was pretty honored.

Sunday, I got up and did my Weight Watchers meeting, went to choir practice and church, headed to my parents' house for lunch, went grocery shopping for the week, went home and made the spice cake balls and Oreo truffle. It was midnight by the time I headed to bed.

Then, yesterday was really crazy. I headed to a few store after work. I got my gift exchange gift for Saturday, picked up a few things for the party, headed to Bath and Body Works for my holiday soaps, and I then headed home. When I got home I made hot dogs and fries, and we ate. I then tackled the mini cheesecakes for Saturday, and the first batch was an epic fail. They just weren't right. So, I moved on and made the mini quiches for Saturday. I made them with bacon, and the egg was allover the bottom of the tray, so we will see how they are. (The cooking gods were not with me yesterday.) Then I remade the cheesecakes, which turned out better.

Today, I am on deadline for work. This is my second-to-last deadline at this place. Woo hoo! Tonight is "Glee!" I have a roast and carrots in the crock pot. I hope to get all of the holiday platters, roaster and things cleaned tonight. I wish this was all done and the party was here!

1 comment:

  1. yum...red velvet cake balls! this post made me hungry :)

    ReplyDelete