Friday, October 15, 2010

Alumni Game 2010

As I mentioned, this weekend is alumni band weekend, and I am so excited because so many of my former band peers are coming in for it this year. We will have practice tomorrow morning at the school, and then we will all head to lunch before returning to the school for Mass (Catholic high school). After Mass, we will head to the game and play and hang out. I doubt I will play much, as I look forward to the company more than anything, but my whole family will be playing, and it is a good time. When I say my whole family, I mean my mom, dad, sister, brother, aunt, uncle and cousin. Yes, we were all in the same band, at different times, of course :)

After the game, we are always pretty starved. So, we will head to my parents, and my mom will have tasty food. I am going to make  pumpkin chocolate chip cookies and Oreo cupcakes. We also bought a couple dozen smiley face cookies from a local bakery, which was a treat my group always enjoyed while we were growing up. Yum!

Here is the link for the Oreo cupcakes:
http://acupfullofcake.blogspot.com/2010/06/fathers-day-death-by-oreo-cupcakes.html

Here is the link for the chocolate chip pumpkin cookies:
http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/pumpkin-chocolate-chip-cookies-iii/Detail.aspx

Now, I haven't made either recipe, yet, but you can be sure I will give you a full update next week. I mean, honestly, how can they be bad? They are chocolate and Oreos and frosting. Thinking about that alone made me just gain five pounds! Normally, I like to make apple pie cupcakes for the fall alumni game, but I am changing it up this year. I love trying new recipes in the kitchen, and my husband never seems to mind! Since my post was so picture heavy yesterday, I will keep it free of pictures this time. Be sure there will be plenty from alumni game next week. 

Have a great weekend and be safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment