Monday, October 4, 2010

Recap

I am still alive, just very busy. Whew! This past Friday, we went to our high school football game, and I helped with the Royalettes, since my sister (the instructor) was visiting a friend in Boston.

After the game, we came home and winded down before bed. On Saturday, I woke up a little later than usual. After eating lunch, Joe and I ran out to our alma mater because they were having a harvest sale. We got a heck of a deal. We picked up a bale of hay, a pumpkin, small pumpkins and several gourds for $11! They look really nice in front of the house. Afterwards, we stopped by Tim Horton's for coffee. Then we headed back home to get ready for my brother's 20th birthday gathering at my parents' house. My mom made chili, salad and cornbread. Can you say yummy? We had spice cake with homemade caramel frosting for birthday cake.

After a very late night, I had to get up very early Sunday morning for work. After the meeting, I headed to choir practice and church. Then I went to my parents' house for leftovers. Joe got to go to the Steelers' and Ravens game. I hate him. Just kidding, babe! While he was a t the game, my mom and I headed to Pittsburgh to go to Old Navy, and we bought entirely to much! We had a blast! We stopped at Starbuck's on our way home. Then we headed back to the house, and after justifying our unjustifiable purchases, we ate again.

Then we came home and went to bed.

Today, I took the day off work. I woke up and walked Maddy. Then I came home, showered and made a weekly menu and grocery list before heading to the store. After grocery shopping, I came home, put a roast, carrots and sweet potatoes in the crock pot and made a homemade banana bread...DIVINE smell in my home. For the roast, I tried one of those new spice packets. I used the one for pork chops, and it was really tasty. Then I cleaned the counters, threw a load of laundry in the washer, unloaded and reloaded the dishwasher, scrubbed the floors, dusted and ran the vacuum in the living room and wiped down the sink and toilet. Then we had dinner with a nice fall candle burning. After dinner, Joe helped clean up (actually he did most of it), and then I had a conference phone call at 8 p.m. Now, I am sitting and watching a little television, trying to unwind.

What a day! I love accomplishing a lot. I really don't want to go back to work tomorrow...yuck! Pretty soon, I am going to start my annual big clean of the house (walls, curtains, cupboards, everything. I love having a clean house for the holidays!

I just love fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment