Friday, October 8, 2010

What I am excited about right now!

Negativity is everywhere, and I oftentimes let it get a real grab on me and get down in the dumps. So, I am going to be a half glass full person today and list 5 things I am looking forward to.

1) Christmas! Yes, you may say that Christmas is too far away, but it's not in my mind. I love the whole feeling of being together with my family, baking Christmas cookies, seeing friends, snow and beautiful Christmas music (especially the music). I also adore Christmas Eve Mass. Christmas is, hands down, my favorite time of the year.



2) Going to the pumpkin patch in a few weeks. Although we don't have kids, Joe and I have gone each year since we were married. We love apple cider, going through a shop they have, picking out pumpkins to carve, kettle corn and the crisp air. I also love fall!

3) Alumni Band. I mentioned before that Joe and I met in band in high school, and my parents also me tin high school band (same band). Our closest friends were friends from high school band, and we get together and "play" (if that's what you want to call the sounds we make) and visit with friends each year for homecoming. Next weekend is alumni band, and i am really looking forward to it. Traditionally Joe, my sister, my brother, my aunt, uncle and a lot of friends come back to participate. Oh the fun!



4) To see where my life is in a year. Although I don't like to jump ahead, I am looking forward to what life will bring. We are looking into changing careers and some things in life in general. Stay tuned!

5) Getting my house cleaned for the holidays. Although the process is tedious, I love the finished product. I do a real deep clean right before the holidays. I just love the feel of every closet and drawer being organized and every nook and cranny being cleaned!

No comments:

Post a Comment