Friday, October 22, 2010

The Day Wasn't Bad Enough!

So, last Friday I was getting ready to go home from work, excited to start my very fun alumni weekend. Well, I woke up that morning with a really painful foot and was hobbling around all day long. You can read all about my pain here. I know people have way bigger problems and more chronic pain, but I was hurting, and I wanted to curl up and go to bed. It had been a long week.

Well, on my way home from work, I stopped at the gas station, took the gas cap off and put it on my trunk (since it is no longer attached for some unknown reason), put gas in my car, paid for it, hobbled back to my car and started my merry way down the highway dreaming of the awesomeness that I was about to go home and make (a.k.a. Oreo cupcakes).

Well, there was a real treat of a driver driving in the right lane next to me. You know what I am talking about; the person who drives really slowly, and then when you go to pass him/her they speed up...ugh! (By the way, this story has you on the edge of your stinking chair, right?)

I finally pass the person, and a semi truck comes up behind me. I see him flashing his lights at me. I couldn't figure out what he wanted, so I just kept on going. He flashes his lights again right before I get off my exit. I wanted to tell him that I was not the aggressive driver it was the other car. Then I thought, maybe that was my friend who just started driving truck with a new company, and I just didn't recognize the truck. Oh well!

I saw the friend at alumni band the next day, and it wasn't him.

On Sunday, I had my Weight Watchers meeting, and the check engine light came on in my car. Then the check gas cap light came on. It hit me: I left the gas cap sitting on top pf my trunk, and the semi truck driver saw it! Oh man! I am so frugal when it comes to stuff like that. So, I drove up and down the highway four times looking for the thing to no avail.

My brother Derek (who is in college and loves cars) went to a dealership and found out it was going to be $20. That's not bad; I thought it would be worse.

Sorry if I bored the daylights out of you. Until I figured out what the driver was trying to tell me, I was wondering and wondering. I love when I solve a good mystery! OK, it's not really a good mystery, but it was bothering me. Happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment