Sunday, October 10, 2010

Week in Review - Oct. 3-9

Well, I think I will follow trend and start documenting my week, so that I can look back and see what I have been doing. Sounds fun!

Sunday - I woke up bright and early for work (Weight Watchers). I went to work and lead the meeting. Joe got up early, too, because he went to the Steelers' game (mean husband didn't take me). When I was done with the meeting, I went to choir practice and Mass, and I then headed up to my parents' house for Sunday lunch (a tradition my mom started soon after we got married). It's normally a bigger crowd, but everyone was busy this week; so it was just Mom, Dad, Grandma and me! We had chili and salad, and then I had a nice afternoon talking to my mom and grandma, while my dad watched the game in the other room. I decided I wanted to go to Old Navy for some unnecessary fall clothes shopping, and my mom said she would come too! Yea! I love hanging out with my mom. We are a lot alike, which sometimes leads to some heated discussions, but we get along 99 percent of the time now (as opposed to my teenage years). After we both spent entirely too much money, we headed to Starbuck's and got lattes on our way back home. Joe met us down at my parents' and we ate more chili before heading home and getting ready for the big work week.

Monday - I woke up, and I think I went on a long walk. (I am doing this post on Friday, and I am going to try to start doing it each day to make it easier.) I had taken the day off, so afterwards, I showered and headed to the store for groceries. I came home, put the groceries away, put a pot roast, sweet potatoes and carrots in the crock pot and made a homemade banana bread, since the bananas were going bad. Afterwards, I wiped down the counters, did the floors, dusted and ran the vacuum in the living room, tidied up the bathroom. I was quite productive and really enjoyed my day. Joe came home and we lit some candles and enjoyed a really nice dinner. Then we relaxed for a bit before bed.

Tuesday - I woke up and had to go to work. Yuck! I know that I work out at some point (think I did Tae Bo in the morning). After work, I had to stop at the mall to pick up makeup that I had preordered. I also stopped at the craft store and picked up a few fall lawn decorations. I love fall! I came home and made turkey breast cutlets with a cranberry and maple glaze, stuffing and corn. It was like Thanksgiving. Yum! Then, it was "Glee" night, and you know how we love us some "Glee." We found a new love for Grilled Cheesus. (If you watch you'll understand; if not, you probably think I am crazy.) That evening I started getting fall clothes out, and let's just say, that is still a process.

Wednesday - Wednesdays are busy days for me. I headed to work in the morning after getting up late. I was only a few minutes late though. During lunch, I did Tae Bo. Um, that was not a good idea. I got a little too sweaty for it only being lunch. I had to rinse off quickly, pack a lunch and head back to work. After work, I went shopping to waste 45 minutes between work and the time I had to be at Weight Watchers for my evening meeting. I went to the store and picked up birthday presents fro my niece, whose birthday is in November, and my godson/nephew, whose birthday is in October. After that, I headed to my meeting, and then went home. Joe ate leftover turkey for dinner and I had a grilled chicken veggie burger and brown rice. Then we got ready for our weekly movie night. Joe picked the movie choices (explanation on how we pick movies deserves it's own post). We ended up watching "Coraline." We had seen it before. It's a cute and creepy movie, if that makes any sense. It's along the lines of "The Nightmare Before Christmas," but a little creepier to me.

Thursday - I woke up and walked Maddy before work. I then went work and came home for lunch. I stopped at my parents' during lunch because my mom babysits, and I really want to see the kids! I then went back to work. After work, I went home and diced prepped dinner. I made some tasty white chicken chili. I make a lighter version using fat free milk and fat free sour cream. It was so good. Then my brother and sister came up for "Community" and "The Office." We ate some banana bread and heard about Kayla's trip to Boston. "The Office" was hilarious ("Sweeney Todd" episode). After Kayla and Derek went home, we headed to bed.

Friday
- Friday, I got up and walked the doggie! It was the anniversary of the day we brought Maddy home from the shelter. I can't believe it's been four years since we rescued our pups, and I can't remember life without her. Happy Homeday, Maddy! I went to work and had a long Friday. After work, I came home. Since Joe had to go to work at 1 a.m., I decided to go with Derek, Kayla, Maria (my brother's girlfriend, and my brother's friend, Ben, to Kennywood's Fright Night. I was so excited to ride some roller coasters and have a ball. The park was open until 1 a.m., and there were haunted houses, and all the rides were open. It was so awesome. I got home at 2 a.m., and I got to bed at 4 a.m. Hello, too late for this old hag! I was so exhausted Saturday. Yuck!





Saturday - I woke up late Saturday, after my excursion to Kennywood. After I got my rear out of bed, I tidied up the house to get ready for a painter who was coming to our house to give us a quote on what it would cost to paint our living room and dining room. After he came and left, I ate lunch. Then Joe went to dinner and the Central football game with my family, while I dug out my fall/winter clothes. That is such an insane job, and I have way too many clothes. I took a break to eat a veggie chicken burger and brown rice with tomatoes for dinner. After getting the room clean, Joe came home and we relaxed on the couch before bed.

Today, I got up; went and did a Weight Watcher meeting; came home and visited with my brother-in-law, who asked Joe and me to be our nephew, Ethan's, godparents; went and picked up a birthday gift for my uncle and went to dinner at my grandma's. It was a great Sunday and weekend. But now, I need a weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment