Sunday, October 17, 2010

Week in Review Oct. 10-16

This was a fun but busy week. I was on deadline for work, we had alumni band, my brother-in-law came in for a visit with his kids and my parents went to Baltimore on a trip with the church. So,here goes nothing!

Sunday- I had to go lead my Weight Watcher meeting in the morning. We then headed to church for choir and had Mass. Then we headed back to our house, and my brother-in-law Jim stopped by for a quick visit with his two kids, Hannah and Ethan, before heading back to his house two hours away. Jim was visiting my in-laws all weekend (who live 15 minutes away). His wife couldn't come because she had to work all weekend. We had a nice visit. Earlier in the morning Jim called me and asked me to be baby Ethan's godmother.Of course I said yes, and I looked forward to Jim coming over so I could snuggle with the little guy. It took him a few minutes to warm up to me, but he did. After Jim left, I went to the mall to get my uncle a Steelers' shirt for his birthday, and then I went home and woke Joe up, so he could come to my grandma's house with me for my uncle's party. We then headed up to my grandma's for dinner.We had my grandma's amazing meatballs, pasta salad, my mom's wedding soup and pumpkin pie for birthday cake. After a long day,we came home and relaxed before bed.



It's Aunt Renee and her newest godson!



He is wondering about me!
 

Happy birthday, Uncle Joe!

Go Steelers!



Monday - I woke up bright and early to walk Maddy,and then headed to work. It was a deadline week at the paper, so it was a busy day.I went grocery shopping during lunch. I then packed up a lunch and headed back to work. After work, I had to go to the doctor's office to pick up a physical paper for my brother, since my parents were out of town, and Derek had to go straight from class to work. Afterwards, I went home, made chicken with tomatoes, baked potatoes and corn for dinner. After dinner, Joe did dishes, and I cleaned out the hall closet, while watching the season opener of "Giuliana and Bill." Yes, I am a reality show junkie. Then, I went to bed absolutely exhausted, but I couldn't sleep until 2 a.m. It made for a long Tuesday!
  
Tuesday - Even though I had a long night, I got up early and did a workout from digital cable. I then headed to work for actual deadline day. I went home at lunch to put a ham in the crock pot, and I headed back to work. Joe finished dinner. He made mashed potatoes and green beans. I got home at around 7 p.m. and ate. Then we relaxed and watched T.V. Kayla came up and we watcher "Glee." It was  great episode about duets. Loved it. Then I blogged a bit and headed to bed. What a long day!

Wednesday - Wednesday I woke up and went to work. I know I worked out at some point, but I can't remember if it was in the morning or during lunch. I went to work, and after work headed to Walmart to pick up supplies to make the Oreo cupcakes I was making for the weekend. Then I had my Weight Watchers meeting, headed home to my house that my husband cleaned (we're talking bathrooms and all) and ate ham leftovers. Then I had a Weight Watchers conference call at 8 p.m. Afterwards, Joe and I watched "Sweeney Todd," and relaxed. My sister, brother, and brother's friend Ben stopped by for a few minutes. We had a a nice evening.

Thursday - Thursday I was planning to have my parents up for dinner because they got back very late Wednesday night from a three-day trip to Baltimore, Gettysburg and Washington, D.C., and I wanted to hear about the trip. Well, Joe had cleaned the whole house the night before, so I didn't have to worry too much about that. I think I did Tae Bo in the morning before heading to work. At lunch, I came home and made an apple spice bundt cake; it was yummy! After work, I headed home and made taco salad, corn bread, cinnamon applesauce and macaroni and cheese. Then my parents came up for dinner. It was yummy, and we had a chance to visit, look at pictures and relax. It was really awesome. After they left, my brother and sister and my brother's friend came up to watch "The Office." It was a great night.

Friday - I woke up early and did ab exercises. My left foot was killing me (and still is), and I couldn't do much exercise. It is a pain that radiates from the inside ball of my left foot into the toe. It even looks slightly swollen today (Sunday). Joy! I then went to work, came home and baked pumpkin chocolate chip cookies and Oreo cupcakes that were divine. (I even chopped up Oreos for the cake batter and for the frosting.) Then, Joe and I relaxed and watched "Groundhog Day" before heading to bed.

Saturday - It was the big alumni day I have been talking about. We had practice at 11 a.m. at  the high school. I got up early, went to practice, and we all headed to get Chinese after practice. Then we headed to Mass at the high school and played after Mass. Then, we rode in the band bus to the stadium (five minute drive away). The game was fun, and we ate a lot of Swedish fish, which is an odd tradition for alumni band. After the game, we drove cars (that we dropped off at the stadium earlier in the day) back to the school and played at the fish fry. Then we hung out in the band room and Chris (alumni band member) played "American Pie," "Piano Man" and "Sweet Caroline," while we sang along. Chris is, by far, the most talented musician I know. He can hear a song and just play it right now - no music needed. Amazing! Afterwards, my cousins Megan and Ryan rode with us back to my parents' house. My mom had awesome roast beef sandwiches, chips, Doritos, potato salad and macaroni and cheese. We also had my cookies and cupcakes for dessert. We ended the party way into the night (after 2 a.m.), and I had to be up for my Weight Watchers meeting at 7 a.m. That was a blast (notice the sarcasm).

Today, I am relaxing and taking it easy. I hope that by relaxing, I will give my foot some time to heal. Go Steelers. Ben is back!

No comments:

Post a Comment